Washington State Martial Artist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington State Martial Artist Forum

Your resource for upcoming events and competitions.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 30
Martial arts style : Karate, Kick Boxing, Tae Kwon Do
Martial arts experience and current school : 17+ years, currently at Evolution Martial Arts
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Empty
PostSubject: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 3:03 pm

Not sure if that is good or bad.
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionmartialartsllc.com
TacticalSolutions

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:05 pm

It takes time to get numbers up brother.....
Back to top Go down
Ken Dietiker

Ken Dietiker

Male Number of posts : 13
Martial arts style : HEMA, WMA
Martial arts experience and current school : Kempo, Praying Mantis, Tai chi. Currently in Historical European MA (ARMA)
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:44 am

You know, I found this link by visiting Evolution's web site. Looks like a great idea and I'll support it anyway I can.

So, just to let you know, this page is not linked in any way to search engines. After reading this about how slow it is to gain new forumites, I googled the name "Washington State Martial Artist" and did not get a single hit. If this web site and some key words were added to search engine links, you'd get more play for sure. And if you haven't already done so, don't forget to send the link via email to any and all the MA sites you can find here in the State. Invite them to log in as organizations, let them know with a sort of "form letter" that the place exists for them to use as a resource, and that should start getting the word out. Otherwise it's going to be word of mouth and that could take a while. Another possibility I've heard of is using banner ads, but I don't know how that works... Embarassed

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://groups.google.com/group/armatac
Admin
Admin
Admin

Martial arts experience and current school : 17+ years, currently at Evolution Martial Arts

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 11:45 am

Sending emails is a good idea. I loaded the forum with key words and meta tags, but they said it can take up to a couple weeeks for google, yahoo, and the rest to "crawl" the site. I've sent invites to a lot of martial artist on myspace, and they all join the myspace friends list, but don't join the forum.....But the membership is slowly growing, and the more content we get up here the more times it will appear in search engines.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 11:46 am

Sending emails is a good idea. I loaded the forum with key words and meta tags, but they said it can take up to a couple weeeks for google, yahoo, and the rest to "crawl" the site. I've sent invites to a lot of martial artist on myspace, and they all join the myspace friends list, but don't join the forum.....But the membership is slowly growing, and the more content we get up here the more times it will appear in search engines.
Back to top Go down
Ken Dietiker

Ken Dietiker

Male Number of posts : 13
Martial arts style : HEMA, WMA
Martial arts experience and current school : Kempo, Praying Mantis, Tai chi. Currently in Historical European MA (ARMA)
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 2:22 am

Hmm... MySpace. Good idea. How about local Craigs List and Meetup?
Back to top Go down
http://groups.google.com/group/armatac
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:02 am

Haven't trid meetup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half   Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woo hoo, 4 members in a day and a half
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Washington State Martial Artist Forum :: General discussion-
Jump to: